How to set up MX records to point to Sugester
Last updated: 2017-12-05
Sugester allows you to redirect all incoming mail to all e-mail addresses for the domain by adding the MX record. For the content of the MX record needed to redirect mail to Sugester proceed as follows:
- Contact us by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating the name of the domain you want to redirect to HelpOcean. We will send you the contents of a TXT record, which will verify the domain.
- Add received from us TXT record to the domain and wait for verification.
- After successful verification of the domain will contact you to set the MX record.
- In the domain change or add a new MX record:
You can check whether a new TXT record is already publicly visible using the site: http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=txt:_amazonses.YOUR-DOMAIN.ORG tip - "your domain" should be replaced with the address of your domain
Below you will find instructions on how to add a new record to the domain:
- Log in to your domain with your hosting provider.
- Go to the Edit menu domain's DNS records. Probably you have the name of "Managing DNS Settings", "Name Server Management" or "Advanced Settings".
- Add a new record TXT (verification domain) and MX (mail forwarding).
- Save the changes and wait - applying changes may take up to 72 hours, but usually it happens a lot faster.
- Sign in to your domain's account at your domain host.
- Locate the page for updating your domain's DNS records.
The page might be called something like DNS Management, Name Server Management, or Advanced Settings.
- Locate the MX records for your domain. You may already have one or more MX records resembling:
Name/Host/Alias Time to Live (TTL) Record Type Priority Value / Answer / Destination Blank or @ 86400 MX 10 mail1.example.com Blank or @ 86400 MX 20 mail2.example.com
- Update the existing MX records to point to Sugester's mail servers by entering these MX record values:
- If necessary, create new MX records to include a record for each server listed on this page.
- Delete any MX records not pointing to our servers, or give them a lower priority than Sugester's server records.
- Save your changes and wait until they take effect.
MX record changes can take up to 72 hours to go into effect, but they typically happen much sooner.
If you have any trouble following these steps, do not hesitate to contact us directly at email@example.com.
Important: please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org after you've completed these steps - we will need to adjust server settings on our side as well.