How to add an email box to Sugester
Last updated: 2018-12-19
Post view count: 123
In Sugester you can send emails from your own email addresses. You can add many email addresses with different domains to your Sugester's account (eg. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org). To add a new email address to Sugester, do as follows.
Note: instructions below allows to send emails from Sugester only. To receive emails from your own email boxes in Sugester, you have to redirect it to email@example.com. It's described based on Gmail: Set up Gmail redirect to receive emails in Sugester.
A new email box you can add in Settings > Email Settings > Email boxes. Click on +New mailbox (or Edit, if you want to make changes in the existing email box):
And what does it mean?
- E-mail - email address you want to configurate (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Name - a name for your receiver to see (eg. John Smith | MyCompany.com)
- Email recipients - a user who will receive emails from this email box in his/her Inbox. If you leave the field empty, emails will be in 'Unassigned' folder
- Users allowed to send from this address - mark users allowed to send emails from this address.
- Auto BCC emails - recipients to whom a hidden copy will be sent (only if you marked this feature in 'Email settings')
- I want to use my own SMTP mailbox - check this box if you want to send emails with your email server (eg. email@example.com)
Sendgrid - SMTP provider
Mailgun - SMTP provider
Emaillabs - SMTP provider
Gmail - select if you use Gmaila or Google Apps for Business
Another provider - select if you're using your own server
- Footer - you can create a custom footer for each mailbox you set up in Sugester. Feel free to use HTML markup and Handlebars variables
- Forwarding address - use this address if you want emails from your current email box to be forwarded to Sugester
- Email assistant - saves your time by forwarding emails from unknown addresses to 'Unassigned' folder.
- Autoreply - check this box to enable automatic replies for this address. After saving changes all mail sent to this address will receive an automatic reply
- Email rating - If you enable this option, all e-mails will include a short user satisfaction survey at the end
- Language - select language you use for writing emails. This feature is important, if you use email rating - the survey will be displayed in a language you choose here
- Department - if you choose a department, all emails sent to this address will be assigned to a chosen department. It means that only people with access to the department will see emails
- Project - select a project to which emails will be assigned. It's especially important if you want new messages sent to this address appear in a separate folder in the left-hand inbox menu
- Client - if you select a client, all emails sent to this address will be automatically assigned to a client from your database.
- Task kind - select, if you want incoming emails to be considered by the system as emails (default), error report, or tasks to resolve
- Private mailbox - mark this box if you want this mailbox to be private. It means that only owner and administrators will be able to see messages sent to and from this mailbox.
- Active - unmark this checkbox if you don't want to use this email box anymore, but you prefer not to delete it.